Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Meet a Werewolf Hunter with Guest Blogger: Sandra Cox



Win a Starbucks gift card, a protective cross necklace and a print copy of Moon Watchers! Find out how today at the Book Boost!


Author Sandra Cox is here to interview her character Jolene Sayer from her new book Moon Watchers!


Here's what they had to say...


Interviewer: “With us today is Jolene Sayer. Welcome Jolene.”


Jolene: “Thanks for having me.”


Interviewer: “Jolene, is it true you’re a Werewolf Hunter?”


Jolene: “Yes.”


Interviewer: “Why ever did you pick such an unusual occupation?”


Jolene: “You might say it’s the family business. My dad has been hunting for over thirty years. Besides, someone has to do it.”


Interviewer: “How do you kill a Werewolf?”


Jolene: “We call them Weres. As far as how to kill them: behead them or destroy the heart, preferably with silver.”


Interviewer: “You seem young to be a hunter.”


Jolene: “I’m eighteen.”


Interviewer: “Are you afraid of being bitten?”


Jolene: “Of course.”


Interviewer: “What would happen if you were?”


Jolene: “I’d expect my father or someone near and dear to put a silver bullet through my heart before I turned.”


Interviewer: “That seems rather extreme.”


Jolene: “Better than howling at the moon and drooling.”


Interviewer: “Speaking of howling at the moon, is it true there’s an unprecedented three full moons this month?”


Jolene sighs heavily. “Yes, unfortunately. The third moon is the crimson moon. If a Were can remove the beating heart of a hunter on that night, he’ll be invincible.”


Interviewer shivers. “Doesn’t that put you in danger?”


Jolene replies dryly: “You could say that.”


Interviewer clears her throat: “Well. I hear you’ve been spending a lot of time with Braden Knight. He’s quite a hottie.”


Jolene blushes: “Yes, I guess I have…and yes, he is.”


Interviewer: “I’ve heard rumors that he’s a vampire. Surely, that’s not true.”


Jolene coughs then gives an artificial laugh: “How absurd a vampire and a werewolf hunter.”


Interviewer: “Yes, I guess you’re right. Well thanks for joining us today.”

She turns to her audience. “Folks, that was werewolf hunter Jolene Sayer. Keep an eye out for her. I’ve got a feeling you’ll be seeing a whole lot more of her.”


A Note from the Book Boost: Thanks for joining us today, Sandra and Jolene. The new book sounds like a howling good time! Can't wait to hear more about it.


Blurb:

Being a Werewolf hunter leaves little time for estrogen or emotion.

Why do I say this? Because I’m currently in a very odd situation, odder than normal.

My name is Jolene Sayer. I’ve hunted Were’s with my father since I was thirteen. He’s a good dad, just a bit distracted. His first and foremost responsibility, as he see’s it, is hunting Were’s. Same goes for me.

Some people think being a Were hunter is weird. For me it’s perfectly normal. What I see as odd is my attraction to the hunkalicious Braden Knight. Why? I think he’s a vampire.


Excerpt:

As the full moon rose above the leafless black trees, an eerie howl shattered the night. I rubbed the goose bumps on my arms and felt the hair on my neck rise. Moonlight fell in shadowy patches across the living room floor of the cottage I’d inherited on my eighteenth birthday, last week to be exact.


Dad’s in Europe, tracking down a tip he got on a Weres pack. That’s how I’ve come to be alone deep in the forests of Minnesota where there is considerable werewolf activity.


I’ve hunted Weres since I was thirteen, but this is the first time I’ve been completely on my own.


A branched tapped against the window. I jumped then shook my head at my nerves.

“Geez.” When my heart settled down, I leaned forward and peered out the window. My hand tightened on the long silver knife at my waist. Nothing moved outside. “Get a grip, Jo.”


I took a deep breath and started toward the kitchen. The tapping came again, this time louder. I whirled. It wasn’t the window, it was the door. Someone or something was on the other side.


My legs stiff, my knees locked, I took one slow step after another. My hand wrapped around the knife and tightened till my knuckles turned white. Who could be out at--I glanced at my watch-- ten at night in an isolated corner of the north. I crept through the living room into the tiny foyer.


I took a deep breath and cleared my mind, the way dad taught me. Nerves left me. The cold logic of the warrior set in. Making sure the chain was in place, I cracked the door, ready to slice anything too close to the opening.


“Hello, Jolene.”



Want More Sandra?

Visit her website here: http://sandracox1.com/

And her blog here: http://sandracox.blogspot.com/

Pick up your copy of Moon Watchers today! Click here.


Contest time:

For the opportunity to win a print copy of Moon Watchers, a Starbucks gift certificate and a necklace with protective cross, blood drop stone and a star just leave a comment at: www.downtownya.blogspot.com and mention Moon Watchers.

The drawing runs from Jan 15 – Feb 2. The drawing will be held Feb 5.

3 comments:

Julia Barrett said...

Fascinating! But then Sandra tells a great story!

Unknown said...

I love Jolene, what a fascinating young woman. This looks to be a great, great story. I'm already hooked from the blurb.

I wish you much success, Sandra

Sandra Cox said...

Hi Julia! Hi Melissa:)
Thank you both. And thanks for stopping by.

And Kerri, love the moon pic. Very eerie......