Monday, July 9, 2012

Paranormal Prowess with Guest Blogger: Linda Hays-Gibbs


Win a copy of My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls and welcome author Linda Hays-Gibbs to the Book Boost!

She's here to discuss the battle between vampires and werewolves when it comes to romance and here's what she had to say...



Vampires are something we think of as sexual creatures.  Who doesn’t like their neck sucked on, just a little bit.  It seems that is much more erotic and enticing than having to wade through all that hair that can be on a dog, or a werewolf. Oh, I am not knocking a werewolf all that much just wondering how you can get excited about someone that can eat you whole, literally.

Vampires suck a little blood, maybe a little too much sometimes but if you are a beautiful lady you have the chance of becoming his all time favorite. Of course, you could get a little sick of him after the first three or four hundred years.  I know I think a little variety is essential, but if he were devastatingly handsome, maybe the attachment would last longer.

You have the problem of him being cold though, as opposed to a nice warm hairy wolf to keep your bed warm, but think girls when you have to look at him.

Is he changing to his hairy form or is he a handsome toothy sort?  Even wolves have some toothy problems with which to contend.  There are few loves that don’t have problems but my vote is for the tall toothy guy with the cold hands.

I get a little giggly just thinking about cold hands and long teeth.  You really have to be there, I guess.  Most girls want someone to stay in their beds to keep them warm but few get them to stay at all.   Werewolves hunt all night long.

A vampire has his hunt over with in a matter of minutes and comes right back to his ladylove, at least from what I’ve been told.  I could not possible be more inclined to a vampire.

Just think of the stories of vampires as opposed to werewolves.  Vampires always have a love, some woman they want or maybe even two or three but he is a very sexual fellow.  Now, think about werewolves, they are supposed to mate for life as wolves but are any of the stories about his ladylove?  No, they are all about him.

You also get the picture that making love to a vampire is the best sex ever.  Of course, I only have been told but it is supposed to be super duper.  I really think there is no comparison as writers we have to take the road of the vampire.  He is erotic, sexual, mysterious, and charming. He has super strength and he can shape shift, if necessary into bats and smoke, etc...

He has a way to hypnotize women with his gaze.  Vampires can do without humans and go to the local blood bank or use animals in the forest.  They have metamorphic creature skills that we can give all kinds of endearing traits or make more horrific tales.  Sometimes, he is a count or we can make him an angel, or an advertising agent as in Halo of the Damned by Dina Rae, or a victim of another vampire that inspires our motherly instincts.  Well, maybe not our motherly instincts but we definitely want to smother him with kisses if he will just bite our necks and make passionate love to us.  Isn’t that true?

In my book, My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls I have him lost and alone but clinging to his lady.  Pru’s love is the only thing that matters to him all through my story.  He is smitten and can’t help himself.  That is a vampire’s fate.

In other words, there is no contest when it is between vampires and werewolves because vampires are the kinkiest and the most erotic creatures not alive.  I cannot begin to extol all the properties, or tendencies they possess, or the multiple qualities yet to be extolled on these creatures for our dreams, or for our nightmares, but definitely in our books.



A Note from the Book Boost:  Thanks for joining us today.  Interesting comparisons, Linda.  I can definitely tell which creature you crave!  I'm torn between the two.  I guess it depends on the character.  I do love vampires but the Alcide character on True Blood is yummy goodness--wolf or not!  Please tell us more about your latest.  


Blurb:

At the mercy of the darkness which terrifies her, Pru is alone except for 40,000 dead bodies. She starts screaming with no hope as the black starts to consume her. Suddenly warm strong arms embrace her and she is sheltered from the horror all around. She sleeps until the arms leave her once again alone in the dark and her screaming starts again.

Luckily the dawn is coming and she has not lost her mind entirely before the first burst of light softens the dark. Then the horrors must leave as the day chases them away.


Excerpt:

He started down the stairs and heard a moan coming from Pru’s room.  He could not help himself; he was inside her room in a second.  She was having a fitful dream and he felt some presence in her room.  He looked around for this cursed man she wanted but did not see him, but there was something…what was it…then he saw it a darkness hovering over her.

"In God’s name what are you? I adjure you in the name of all that is holy; stop what you are doing!  You cannot have Pru!  If you must have something or someone, take me!”


Want More Linda?

Visit her on the web here:  www.lindahaysgibbs.pbworks.com

Follow her blog here:  www.lindahaysgibbs.blogspot.com

Pick up your copy today!  Click here.
 


Contest Time:

Leave a question or comment for Linda and be entered to win a copy of My Angel, My Light As Darkness Falls.



**Winners for Book Boost prizes are drawn the first week of the following month and posted in the Recent Winners box in the right hand side of the blog. Check back to see if you are a winner and to claim your prize! Please leave your contact information in your blog post!**

5 comments:

blcsdina said...

Linda, who is your favorite villain of all time? BTW-if I win a copy, I already have one as I know how awesome the book already is!

Linda Hays-Gibbs said...

My all time best villain was Vincent Price. I did like character of Count Dracula portrayed by Bella Lagosi or Tom Cruise made a good vampire with Brad as a reluctant one. Oh heck I loved all the Vampires!

Anonymous said...

Hi Linda, what a great blog. Thanks for sharing. I'm looking forward to reading your book. I love the comparison between the wolf and the vampire. Since I have a thing for warm bodies and (slightly) hairy chests, I guess that makes me more of a 'wolf person'. But look, if Edward or Vincent Price ever tipped their teeth near my neck, I doubt I'd be able to say no! :D

Unknown said...

That's a well thought argument for the side of the vampires, Linda... but I'm still all for the werewolves. I like my blood-suckers to be evil. I really loved your story, by the way, and hope everyone will take the time to pick up a copy. It was a very sweet and tender love story with darkness closing in... I think secretly you know I'm right about werewolves ;)

Linda Hays-Gibbs said...

Oh, alright I like hairy chests and hot blooded men too! What can I say you are all right ladies. Thank you all for your time and comments. Thank the Book Boost for having me . It was great fun ladies.
Love you all,
Linda