Friday, August 31, 2012

Getting to Know You with Featured Author: Louisa Bacio


Welcome to our Getting To Know You
Featured Authors Month
here at the Book Boost!

Today, we're learning about the quirks and works of author, Louisa Bacio.


TBB: How and when did you become a professional author?

LB:  There’s a difference between writer and author, isn’t there? I started out as a journalist, and sold my first full-length novel Sex University: Physical Education in 2010. I’ve always written, but there came a time when I decided to start to submit my fiction.

TBB: Which of your books is your favorite and why? 

LB: The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: A New Orleans Threesome.  I believed in the book from the start, and readers definitely have seemed to connect with the characters.

TBB:  If you had to describe that book using ONLY ONE word what would it be?

LB:  Daring.

TBB:  Is there a message imbedded into your stories you hope readers will get?  If so, what is it?

LB:  Be yourself, and love who you will. I dislike bullying, especially based on one’s sexuality. I believe in my writer’s slogan "Love Knows No Bounds".

TBB:  Give me one quote (from yourself/by yourself) about being a writer.





"I’ve been fortunate to always know that I wanted to be a writer."--Louisa Bacio


TBB:  Who, in your life, is your biggest source of inspiration and why?

LB:  My father – I’m an only child and my mother passed away when I was a teen. He’s been extremely supportive of me to do what I want. Plus, he’s pushed me that as an only child, I’ll be the only one to support him when he gets “old.”

TBB:  What is your worst habit?

LB:  Red Bull.

TBB:  What song lyrics get stuck in your head most often?

LB:  “Safety Dance.” Thanks a lot for bringing that up.

TBB:  If you were a t-shirt, what slogan would appear on you?



T-Shirt Quote Courtesy of Louisa Bacio

TBB:  Favorite time of year (or fave holiday)?

LB:  Halloween, absolutely.

TBB:  If you were a cartoon character, which one would you be and why?

LB:  Daphne. My favorite cartoon is Scooby-Doo. I should say Velma because I’ve always been the “smart one” in glasses. But my husband recently confessed that he married me for my looks, and the smarts were an added part of the package.


Want More Louisa?
Visit her on the web here: http://www.louisabacio.com

Pick up a copy of her book today! Click here.


1 comment:

Louisa Bacio said...

Thanks so much for hosting me! Such fun interview questions.

The Twice Bitten comes from book 3 of The Vampire, The Witch & The Werewolf: A Threesome Wedding Adventure. If someone wants a "ribbon" that says that, leave an email address and I'll mail you one! (U.S. only. International -- let's talk)