Friday, January 25, 2013

Kills, Chills & Hot Thrills with Guest Blogger: Leanna Harrow


 Meet thriller author Leanna Harrow 
today at the Book Boost!


I wrote this erotic thriller because I'm a fan of anything crime related. I've always been intrigued by true crime and especially true crime involving serial killers. I know that sounds kind of morbid but I truly believe that there is something in the mind of a serial killer, be it a chemical imbalance or some kind of genetic flaw that they are born with that makes them do the heinous things they do.

I didn't realize how much research goes into doing a book that you're not well-versed on. I mean, I've watched television shows and movies on just about every serial killer and I'm a huge Law and Order and Special Victims fan but I had to do some serious research for my erotic thriller Killing the Desire". I guess it's a good thing that I'm a freelance researcher by trade.  Being a researcher helps in I know where to look and what to look for so that I’m not wasting a lot of time on insignificant information.

I would have to say that my favorite villain is the one from my book I can’t tell you his name as that’s part of the twist in the end but our heroine, Rose, thinks it’s the Detective in charge of her mother’s case, Dave Mason.

You see, Rose was very close to her mother.  Her mother is strangled and left in a bath tub filled with bleach water which turns out to be a serial killer’s MO. The killer  leaves at least six bodies in his  wake. At the time of her mother’s death, not even the police know this.

She then meets the out of this world handsome detective that’s been assigned to her mother’s case and falls into bed with him even though it’s against the rules. Rose has never been in love before as her mother always told her that the heart was just an organ that pumps blood to the other organs in the body, it didn’t fall in love, it didn’t get all aflutter and it didn’t ache. She soon found herself experiencing feelings for the detective that she had never experienced before.

She is upset at the lack of movement on her mother's case and decides to do some detective work of her own and doesn’t like what she finds, none of which deterred her from the sexual relationship with the devastatingly, handsome detective.

It seems that her mother had been dating men she met on the internet and Rose cracks one of her accounts and finds that the last person her mother had contact with was a man that looked an awful lot like the detective in charge of her case!

This book combines mystery, murder, drama and a little comedy with things people can relate to like family situations such as sibling rivalry and conflicted parental relationships. I try and write books that people can relate to, see themselves in as well as be stimulated by.

I hope the readers enjoy reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it. 

 A Note from the Book Boost:  Sounds like an interesting book, Leanna.  Thanks for joining us today to share more details about your story.  Best of luck with Killing the Desire.


Blurb:

Is the man she loves…her mother’s killer?

Rose never believed in love—her mother’s words in her head saw to that. Becks Harlow wanted Rose to protect her heart from the pain of love. When her mother is brutally murdered, Rose turns to the one man she thought could help, Detective Dave Mason. He was in charge of her mother’s case. Little did Rose know, Detective Mason would soon be in charge of her body, heart, and soul. She also suspects he killed her mother!


Excerpt (edited for length & content):

Detective Mason walked Olivia to the door. “I’ll sit with her a while, make sure she’s okay. You don’t need to worry about her,” he told her.

“It’s not her I’m worried about,” Olivia said with a wink. With that, Olivia got into her brother’s car and left with the boys to meet up with their father for dinner and to discuss their mother’s estate. Detective Mason went back inside to talk with Rose.

“I’m sorry things turned out the way they did for you today, Rose,” he told her.

“Don’t feel sorry for me. I don’t need your pity,” she said, getting up off of the couch and heading to the bar.

“Whoa there,” Detective Mason said as he grabbed her and turned her away from the bar.

“What the hell do you think you’re doing?” she snapped.

“Trying to keep you from feeling worse than you are already going to tomorrow. Besides, I’d like to talk to you, if you think you can hold a halfway intelligent conversation right now.”

She just stood there, looking at him. Why did he have to be so good looking?

Detective Mason thought she was going to pass out for a minute because of the look on her face.

“Rose?” he said.

“Yes, I can hold an intelligent conversation. I’m not that drunk. I’m just really pissed off. I can’t believe he had the balls to show up here.” Rose ranted.

“I’m sure him coming here today was tough on you guys,” he said as he followed her to the couch.

“You have no idea, and I have no plans on getting all weepy and crying on your shoulder, so if that’s what you want, you can get out, too,” she told him.

“Actually, I did just come to pay my respects, but since I’m here. I’d like to ask you if your mother had a laptop.” Rose stopped and thought for a minute. If he was here just to pay his respects, why was he asking if Becks had a laptop? Why did he stay behind when everyone else left?

Was he as hot for her as she was him? What the hell was going on with her? She didn't normally think like this. Sure, she’s liked to check guys out but there was something about this man. Why was he so mesmerizing to her? She could get lost in his big, beautiful green eyes for days if she wanted to. Not to mention the fact that he smelled absolutely heavenly.


Want More Leanna?

Visit her on the web here: http://www.leannaharrow.com

Pick up a copy of her book today!  Click here.

1 comment:

Barbara Winkes said...

Great post, Leanna! It's always fascinating to do research on a thriller, really digging into the subject. Looking forward to launch day (and it seems like we're watching the same TV shows)!